Wednesday, December 13, 2006

If you read this post, I'll give you....

I meant to do this last week... but

a) I got tired

b) I forgot

c) I was distracted by something shiny.

Last week I went to a talk on negotiations... well that's what I thought it would be anyway. The organizer actually had us do a role-play event, in teams of four. We each had a mission to perform, and through the play and learning about our characters, we ended up learning all kinds of things about negotiations. It was neat and much more interesting than listening to someone talk for an hour.

It leads me to wonder, is there a New England Actuarial Society or something I can join? If so, do they do stuff like this every month or so? Something to consider in the New Year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

From Debate-Club to Negotiations-Club.
I think your path is clear.
All your posts confirm it too.

You are gonna become a politician very very soon....

12:34 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

well, now that you're done studying, it's good that you're getting out more. and this talk on negoations sounds fun... sorta...

let me know when you're back for xmas/hanukkah

5:29 AM  
Blogger dangerdonna said...

I agree with goose. Are you sure you're cut out for this actuary thing? :)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home