Monday, February 12, 2007

Old State House

This Saturday, I went to soak up a little Connecticut history at the historic old statehouse. This is not something everyone would like, but for me it was neat to learn about some of the history of Hartford and Connecticut. It turns out one of the reasons that the insurance industry is so big in Hartford is because it grew out of a desire to protect trade from the Connecticut River. Like I said, probably not too interesting to most people other than me.

In the State House, I got to see the Old State Senate, and the city council chamber. All very neat.

I also found out that the New York Rangers have a farm team around these parts. Games end in April, but it might be fun to go to one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I find it mildly interesting. If I were in Connecticut with you, i woulda come along with you to the statehouse. Probably not something I'd do on my own, but i think it's interesting to know, espcially if you're living there.

6:42 AM  
Blogger dangerdonna said...

I didn't know that (insurance industry) about Hartford (not the fact that insurance industry is big there but because of the desire to protect!). Cool.

how's it going over there on the east coast?

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home